Monday 19 October 2015

Navratra and Dandiya

Navratri is a festival of Ma Durga and it is celebrated entutiastically in India. In India, women are worshipped in many forms like Durga, Ambe, Gaura, Laxmi, Saraswati and many more. Navrata is dedicated to nine form of Ma Durga known as Navadurga viz. Shailputri, Brahamcharini, Chandraghanta, Katyayani, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Kaalratri, Mahagauri and Sidhidatri. This festivals brings a lots of positivity and creates a kind of serene environment. You can hear bhajan of goddess Durga in the morning and evening time. Similar kind of bhajans are sung in our hostel too. In every corridor you can enjoy the music dedicated to Mata Rani... Jor say bolo, Jai mata di... People used to keep fast for nine days and I am one among them..

Dandiya is of prime importance during Navratra. In this festive season you will find people collectively performing Dandiya. Dandiya is a traditional folk dance from Gujarat. This dance is performed with the help of two stick and performed by both male and female. This Navratra I got this golden opportunity to perform dandiya which was organized by personnel from univerty staff quarter. They welcomed us, as we were hostlers and rearly got such kind of outings. I performed Dandiya for the first time and enjoyed it a lot. I was astonished by the perfomance of kids (below 10 years), these kids were dancing in a manner which I was unable. Though I tried hard to learn it.. Initially, I did couple of wrong steps which later on I tried to improve. Sometime stick hitting on    fingers and causing little pain as I was novice in that..  We performed 5 step Dandiya, which was not too difficult.. So after dancing for one and half hour, finally I learned some of its basics. I realized this form of dance requires lots of energy and call for a good stamina. I feel very light, positive and relexed. For the short period, I was completely immersed in performing dance and forgot all problems.. There was a continuous smile on my face.. I wish that smile on my face and positivity in the heart will be continue......Jai Mata Di.. :)

2 comments:

हिमालय की अछूती खूबसूरती: पंचाचूली बेस कैंप ट्रैक

राहुल सांकृत्यायन मानते थे कि घुमक्कड़ी मानव-मन की मुक्ति का साधन होने के साथ-साथ अपने क्षितिज विस्तार का भी साधन है। उन्होंने कहा भी था कि-...